Every parent knows the struggle of having too many photos of their little one and nothing to do with them. Collage photo books offer the perfect solution to get those photos off your device and into your hands!
Read on and discover how to make your own baby photo album!
Jump to Section
Why You Should Make a Photo Album of Your Baby
From the minute a baby is born, we start taking pictures. By their first week, we have hundreds, their first year – thousands.
Why risk losing those memories to the archives of our digital galleries when you can make the perfect photo book to cherish and share with friends and family?
It seems like a daunting task, but Collage makes it easy!
How to Make Baby Photo Album
1. Pick the perfect book!
Collage offers three photo book options: Softcover, Hardcover, and Layflat. The books come in a variety of sizes and start out with 20 designable pages – don’t forget the front and back cover too!
- The Softcover books are perfect if you’re looking for a small book you can share with friends and family.
- The Hardcover books are great if you’re looking for something a little more durable. Like the softcovers, they can hold up to 150 pages but also feature a matte or glossy designable cover.
- The Layflat books make great keepsakes! They hold up to 70 pages instead of 150 but offer thicker paper and a lay flat design to provide the best view.
2. Select Your Favorite Photos
Once you’ve chosen your book, it’s time to select your photos.
Narrow your options to your favorites, the best smiles or the ones that sum up who your baby has become so far. Our only photo stipulation is that they’re digital; any photo on your computer or mobile device in jpg or png format will do.
We can even pull photos from your Facebook!
3. Milestones To Include In Your Album
Will this book celebrate your baby’s first year? Maybe a special trip together. Or maybe you want to fill it with all the photos of your little with their family or friends. We have a few ideas on what to feature in your book.
- The Firsts – A baby’s first year is all about firsts. From their first day to their first steps, we’re sure you have a photo of them all.
- Family Bonding – Make sure to include a bit of everything: special moments with mom or dad, trips with grandparents or aunts and uncles, playdates with cousins, special holidays, and family trips.
- Making Friends – Whether those friends are pint sized like your baby or maybe four-legged with lots of fur, dedicate a few pages to those special friends.
- Going Mobile – Rolling, crawling, and walking – we know you were excited (terrified) enough by your baby going mobile to have a few shots of each.
- Mealtime – Favorite and least favorite foods. Your little covered in spaghetti sauce or demolishing that birthday cake make fun photo spreads.
- Adventures – Little things like walks in the park or blanket forts in the living room to big adventures like road trips or days at the beach.
- Quiet Moments – Snuggles and yawns, your little one warm in their pjs reading a book.
Once you’ve decided what to include, now you have to choose how you want them displayed or maybe you don’t want to choose at all!
Collage lets you decide. You can either manually pick what photos go on each page or choose the auto-place feature and let our program design the book for you.
Whichever you decide, we recommend selecting a variety of layouts; you can find the layouts we have to offer by clicking the Layouts button to the left of every page. Each page can hold one or multiple photos so you can make every page as unique as your little one.
5. Customize Each Page
Collage also offers colorful backgrounds and text options to add life to your photos. We even have some backgrounds geared specifically for babies under the family section! Our text options give you the ability to sprinkle little anecdotes throughout your book.
6. Bring your album home
Once you’ve got your design just right, you’re ready for printing! Submit your order and Collage will make sure your book is printed with care and at your door quickly!
Learning how to make your own baby photo album is so easy!
Whether your baby book is just for you or a special gift to share when your little one is all grown up, its pages will serve as a reminder of when someone so tiny took up so much of your heart.