You spend months, years even, planning your perfect wedding and it’s over in hours. Wedding albums are the perfect way to keep the celebration going!
Read on to learn how to make a wedding album with pictures.
Jump to Section
What are Wedding Photo Albums?
We know you love every photo from your wedding and one or two earn a special place on your wall for everyone to see, but what happens to the rest?
What about those special smaller moments like the photo of you in curlers in your wedding suite or that picture of everyone laughing at the best man’s speech? Wedding albums help you honor every moment.
How to Make a Wedding Photo Album (With Pictures)
1) Pick the perfect book!
Collage offers three photo book options: Softcover, Hardcover, and Layflat. The books come in a variety of sizes and start out with 20 designable pages – don’t forget the front and back cover too!
- The Softcover books are perfect if you’re looking for a small book you can share with friends and family.
- The Hardcover books are great if you’re looking for something a little more durable. Like the softcovers, they can hold up to 150 pages but also feature a matte or glossy designable cover.
- The Layflat books make great keepsakes! They hold up to 70 pages instead of 150 but offer thicker paper and a lay flat design to provide the best view.
2) Select Your Favorite Photos
Once you’ve chosen your book, it’s time to select your photos. Narrow your options to your favorites that encapsulate your wedding the best.
Our only photo stipulation is that they’re digital; any photo on your computer or mobile device in jpg or png format will do. We can even pull photos from your Facebook!
3) What to Include In Your Wedding Album
A wedding album can be broken into three parts
- The Prewedding – The events leading up to your wedding are just as important as the big day. Include snapshots of the engagement, dress shopping, the rehearsal dinner, and the wedding day prep. You’ll love reliving those spent with your bridal party getting ready.
- The Ceremony – This is the big moment! Include all the best ceremony shots: walking down the aisle, exchanging the vows, first marital kisses, and all the great and cringy family shots your photographer forces you into.
- The Reception – You planned every detail so leave room to remember how amazing it turned out! Focus on the food, the dancing, all those special first entrances, dances, and speeches celebrating the newly married couple. You can even end your book with a honeymoon shot, but we recommend giving your honeymoon its own book!
Once you’ve decided what to include, now you have to choose how you want them displayed or maybe you don’t want to choose at all!
Collage lets you decide. You can either manually pick what photos go on each page or choose the auto-place feature and let our program design the book for you.
Whichever you decide, we recommend selecting a variety of layouts; you can find the layouts we have to offer by clicking the Layouts button to the left of every page. Each page can hold one or multiple photos so you can make every page as memorable as your big day.
5) Customize Each Page
Collage also offers colorful backgrounds and text options to add life to your photos. We even have some romantic backgrounds geared to help show the love you felt dancing the night away. Our text options give you the ability to add a personal touch to every page.
6) Bring Your Album Home
Once you’ve got your design just right, you’re ready for printing! Submit your order and Collage will make sure your book is printed with care and at your door quickly!
Learning how to make your own wedding photo album is so easy!
Your wedding day may be over before you know it, but your wedding album will let you relive your big day whenever you take it off the shelf.