Vacations may never be long enough, but a Collage photo book of your adventures can last a lifetime.
Read on to learn how to make a travel album with your pictures.
Jump to Section
Why You Should Make a Photo Album of Your Travels
Enjoying your vacation shouldn’t end once you come home. A travel photo album of your journey can help cure your post-holiday blues and is the perfect reminder of the fun times you had while you’re stuck at work or slogging through winter.
How to Make a Travel Photo Album
1. Pick the perfect book!
Collage offers three photo book options: Softcover, Hardcover, and Layflat. The books come in a variety of sizes and start out with 20 designable pages – don’t forget the front and back cover too!
- The Softcover books are perfect if you’re looking for a small book you can share with friends and family.
- The Hardcover books are great if you’re looking for something a little more durable. Like the softcovers, they can hold up to 150 pages but also feature a matte or glossy designable cover.
- The Layflat books make great keepsakes! They hold up to 70 pages instead of 150 but offer thicker paper and a lay flat design to provide the best view.
2. Select Your Favorite Photos
Once you’ve chosen your book, it’s time to select your photos. Narrow your options to your favorites. We all take 20 photos of the same beach but picking your favorite will make it more memorable.
Our only photo stipulation is that they’re digital; any photo on your computer or mobile device in jpg or png format will do. We can even pull photos from your Facebook!
3. What to Include In Your Travel Album
You’ll want to encapsulate the entire trip so anyone opening your travel book can experience the trip with you.
- The Journey – The destination is great, and you’ll have plenty of pages to highlight all your favorite moments, but the journey there is just as fun. Show the highs and lows of your trip there. A funny plane shot or a great picture of hour 20 during your drive deserves a page.
- Home Away from Home – Hotel shots, that special room made up at grandma’s, the cabin in the woods – show off where you spent your quiet time.
- Food – We know you took a shot of every meal. Dedicate a few pages to your fine dining.
- Fun – This is the point of the vacation, right? Make sure you leave enough room to highlight all the fun things you did!
- Scenery – Use a few pages of your book to show off how beautiful your destination was so you can turn to it whenever you need a moment to escape back home.
- The Farewell – How did you spend the last day? You’ve got shots of the trip there, don’t forget the trip home.
Once you’ve decided what to include, now you have to choose how you want them displayed or maybe you don’t want to choose at all!
Collage lets you decide. You can either manually pick what photos go on each page or choose the auto-place feature and let our program design the book for you.
Whichever you decide, we recommend selecting a variety of layouts; you can find the layouts we have to offer by clicking the Layouts button to the left of every page. Each page can hold one or multiple photos so you can make every page as fun as your trip!
5. Customize Each Page
Collage also offers colorful backgrounds and text options to add life to your photos. We even have some backgrounds geared specifically for travel. Our text options give you the ability to sprinkle little fun facts about your travels.
6. Bring Your Album Home
Once you’ve got your design just right, you’re ready for printing! Submit your order and Collage will make sure your book is printed with care and at your door quickly!
Learning how to make your own travel photo album is so easy!
Your trip may be over, but the book you’ve made will always be there to welcome you back.