If you’re anything like us, you have thousands of images buried away in folders you quickly forget about. A memory photo album can help with that!
Creating a memory photo book is the perfect way to pass the time and relive your memories by putting them together in a book you can easily share with friends or display on your shelves.
Jump to Section
What are Memory Photo Albums?
Memory photo albums are essentially photo books, that are created to showcase a special memory.
Whether you want to honor a person, event, moment in time, or finally organize all those important photos, a memory book can help turn your photos into a beautiful book so you can relive those memories every time you take it off the shelf.
How to Make a Memory Photo Album
1. Pick the perfect book!
Collage offers three photo book options:
- Softcover: Perfect if you’re looking for a small book you can share with friends and family.
- Hardcover: Great if you’re looking for something a little more durable. Like the softcovers, they can hold up to 150 pages but also feature a matte or glossy designable cover.
- Layflat: Fun keepsakes! They hold up to 70 pages instead of 150 but offer thicker paper and a lay flat design to provide the best view.
The books come in a variety of sizes and start out with 20 designable pages – don’t forget the front and back cover too!
2.Select Your Favorite Photos
Once you’ve chosen your book, it’s time to select your photos. Organize your images to best encapsulate the memories you’re trying to preserve in your book.
Our only photo stipulation is that they’re digital; any photo on your computer or mobile device in jpg or png format will do. We can even pull photos from your Facebook!
3. What to Include In Your Memory Photo Album
Your memory book should be a celebration!
- Honor a life – From baby books to granddad books, one life yields a ton of photos that would look great in a book you can open whenever you want to reminisce.
- Celebrate a relationship – Whether you’ve been together for a year or fifty, a memory album can help organize all the photos you have together so you and your partner, friends, or family can relive that time together.
- Applaud a career – A photo book to commemorate all you or a loved one has done professionally can be a great gift to help remember those accomplishments.
- Remember an experience – Go on a fun vacation or maybe you went skydiving for the first time? Don’t let your adventures get lost on your computer. A fun photo album of your trip can keep it fresh in your mind.
- Commend an achievement – Graduation, buying a home, winning the science fair – we know you have plenty of photos of these special moments to make a beautiful book.
Once you’ve decided what to include, now you have to choose how you want them displayed or maybe you don’t want to choose at all!
Collage lets you decide. You can either manually pick what photos go on each page or choose the auto-place feature and let our program design the book for you.
Whichever you decide, we recommend selecting a variety of layouts; you can find the layouts we have to offer by clicking the Layouts button to the left of every page.
Each page can hold one or multiple photos so you can make every page as memorable as the photos it holds.
5. Customize Each Page
Collage also offers colorful backgrounds and text options to add life to your photos.
From playful to romantic to scenic, there’s a background option for any design. Our text options give you the ability to share your memories beyond the photo as well.
6. Bring Your Album Home
Once you’ve got your design just right, you’re ready for printing! Submit your order and Collage will make sure your book is printed with care and at your door quickly!
Learning how to make your own memory photo album is so easy!
Your photos will always be in your gallery, but a memory photo album puts them in your hands and tells a story you can go back to whenever you’d like.