Job Opening - Senior Software Engineer at Collage.com
Collage.com is an Internet start-up that sells custom photo collages. Collage.com has been growing quickly since its launch in August 2010. Its two founders, a Ph. D. graduate in computer science and Ph. D. candidate in economics from the University of Michigan, are seeking a senior software engineer. The company is 100% employee owned and compensation will include a large equity stake.
|Job Title:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Compensation:||Equity only to start, salary in 6-12 months|
|Location:||Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, or telecommute|
|Hours:||Part time (20-39 / week) or full time (40 / week)|
The job will consist of the following duties:
- Design and implement new features on all parts of our website
- Create automated test cases for new features
- Fix bugs (just kidding, we don't have bugs) and provide technical assistance to our support staff
- Influence and come up with ideas for site improvements/new features.
Familiarity or ability to quickly learn all the parts of our technology stack is a must, including the following:
- HTML + page layout with CSS (essential)
- PHP (essential)
- MySQL (essential)
- Versioning (subversion) and bug tracking (JIRA) (essential)
- Linux command line tools and basic system administration (e.g., writing bash scripts, making changes to an Apache web server configuration, etc.) (nice to have)
- UI testing frameworks, Selenium in particular (nice to have)
- Amazon web services: EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFront (nice to have)
- C++ (nice to have)
Ability to design a user interface from scratch is also a huge plus, but is not essential for the job
Your prior experience should demonstrate that you are capable of completely implementing a new and complex website feature from start to finish with little or no help. Since we are a fast-growing start-up, independence and ablity to quickly launch new features are absolutely essential for this job.
Collage.com has had great initial success developing a partnership with Groupon (see our Groupon Goods Deal) and landing a segment on Good Morning America (see the video). We are looking to rapidly accelerate our development capabilities and bring new features to market as quickly as possible to support our continued growth. If you think that you can make a difference and enjoy building software that customers use every day, please send a resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.